Monday, October 21, 2013

My Busy Concord Weekend

On Friday, I swam across Walden.  Saw other swimmers, water temp was around 62 degrees, but not too cold.  At sunset, I lit a candle and another Pond friend lit one and we honored Shabbat and the Lost Swimmer (it was the third Friday in a row that I had lit a candle there).  I did not go to the sponsored concert because I was cold from swimming and didn't have $30 to spend.

On Saturday, I went on the Ramble on the Amble Hike (see preceding posts!), had a bite at Main St Cafe with a fellow walker, who happens to also have a high regard for Concord Literary history.  (I then went to an unrelated concert in Shirley, Peter Yarrow. I had won tickets from WMBR in Cambridge.  In fact, I had an extra ticket that went to waste.)

On Sunday, I was planning to do the tour of Sleepy Hollow, but as I started walking by the graves, I decided to instead went to the Thoreau Farm to hear the talk about Ives' Concord Sonata.  (Only 13 people or so). Then met up with a Pond friend for dinner at Helen's and went to the Concord Museum for a talk about a book "On Paper".

A perfect weekend, really.  If anything, I'd always like to make sure that physical activities conclude with food.  And that lectures get paired with something fun at Walden.  In future, maybe it will become a Facebook Group or Meetup.

Please contact me by leaving a comment if/when you'd like to be on the list for future events.

No comments:

Post a Comment