Thursday, October 3, 2013

Simple Simple Healing & Peace Gathering

I posted this on Facebook.  Thoreau Society.  Walden Woods.  I told a swimmer (Sue) I had met these past two days (both of which were in the 80's).  Took a picture of a woman from Newton, who didn't think she was photogenic.

"For anyone and everyone who loves Walden Pond, 

Unofficial, Unorganized Healing & Peace Gathering 

Friday Afternoon 5:30 to 6:15ish
(Parking Lot Gates close at 6:30)

On the Beach.
Bring a poem, thought, prayer.

If you can't be there in person,
send thoughts from where you are.
And carry them with you the next time you visit.

Simple. Simple."


==

Yesterday (Wed), I went up to my chin, treading water. Didn't go very far, wanted to get out before the sun disappeared.

Today (Thurs) the water was numbingly cold, but I swam halfway anyway.

I ran into someone who knows more about the man and where he was found.  He pointed to a spot. Which I shall always call "John's Spot"  (as if The Man was named John, John Doe).

That is where I swam to today.   Thinking about bits of a poem and needing to create a "gathering", if only for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment